Air Transat, Icelandair and Norwegian Air Shuttle are the least punctual airways in Britain, analysis from Which? has discovered.
The patron group analysed touchdown instances for 850,000 flights at 25 UK airports and located that on common solely 75% of all flights arrived on time.
Dutch airline KLM was probably the most punctual provider, adopted by Qatar Airways.
Air Transat was probably the most tardy, with solely 55% of flights touchdown inside 15 minutes of their deliberate arrival time.
Icelandair and Norwegian weren’t significantly better, with on-time efficiency charges of 56% and 60%, respectively.
A spokesperson for Montreal-based Air Transat mentioned it was not wholly liable for its low punctuality rating.
“The statistics on this report don’t bear in mind the delays attributable to elements past our management similar to climate and air site visitors management.
“When these elements are excluded, our punctuality fee is in truth 78%.”
Icelandair additionally blamed points similar to air site visitors strikes in addition to renovations at Reykjavik airport for its efficiency.
Payouts for unpunctuality
Passengers who journey on delayed flights from the UK are entitled to compensation underneath EU guidelines. However that may not apply if flights are delayed as a consequence of elements similar to excessive climate or airport strikes.
A spokesperson for the Civil Aviation Authority mentioned new measures had been just lately launched for passengers who had been discovering extracting compensation from airways tough.
“Final yr we launched different dispute decision to the aviation trade so passengers, who’ve been unable to resolve a grievance with an airline, can get an unbiased choice that the airline should abide by,” they mentioned.
“Practically 80% of passenger journeys from the UK at the moment are coated by airways who’re signed as much as dispute decision providers.”
EU flight delay rights
- In case your flight departed the European Union or was with a European airline, you might need rights underneath EU regulation to say if the delay or cancellation was throughout the airline’s management
- In case your flight’s delayed for 2 or extra hours the airline should supply foods and drinks, entry to telephone calls and emails, and lodging for those who’re delayed in a single day – together with transfers between the airport and the resort
- If you happen to arrive greater than three hours late in a journey of lower than 1,500km you might be entitled to €250 in compensation from the airline
- If you happen to arrive greater than three hours in a journey spanning greater than 1,500km, however throughout the EU, you may get €400 in compensation from the provider
- Journeys to non-EU locations greater than three,000km away that arrive between three and 4 hours late put you in line for €300 in airline payouts, whereas delays longer than 4 hours to those locations are due €600 in compensation.